Consortium Meeting on 2-3 September 2021 in Ancona, Italy
On 2 and 3 September, the Transition project consortium met in Ancona at the FVB-The Hive partner’s premises to discuss the status of the project and the next steps to be taken.
The partnership carried out a comprehensive review of the outputs produced so far and took the last decisions necessary for the completion of the third intellectual output – the specialised course on blockchain and digital ledgers for entrepreneurs.
The meeting also outlined the guidelines for the next multiplier events and the learning activity to be held in The Hague next month.
After a fruitful discussion, the partners agreed to meet in Malta for the last meeting of the Transition project.
New Eu Blockchain strategy launched!
28 May 2021
The EU believes that blockchain technology when properly used can provide significant benefits to European industry, the European economy, and to European society as a whole. For this reason, the European Commission is supporting blockchain on the policy, legal and regulatory, and funding fronts.
Blockchain technology allows people and organisations who may not know or trust each other to collectively agree on and permanently record information without a third-party authority. By creating trust in data in ways that were not possible before, blockchain has the potential to revolutionise how we share information and carry out transactions online.
The EU believes that blockchain technology can provide significant benefits to European industry, the European economy, and to European society as a whole. For this reason, the European Commission is supporting blockchain through policy, legislation, regulation and funding.
The Commission’s blockchain strategy
The most significant elements of the European Commission’s blockchain strategy include:
- A European Blockchain Partnership: developing joint visions and initiatives and creating a pan-European approach.
- A European Blockchain Services Infrastructure (EBSI): The European Blockchain Partnership commits the public sector to building its own blockchain backbone infrastructure for cooperation across borders.
- A comprehensive legal framework: The European Commission will create legal certainty through a pro-innovation framework in the areas of digital assets and smart contracts.
- Blockchain innovation funding: The EU provides funding for blockchain research and innovation both in the form of grants and by supporting investment in startups.
- Interoperability and standards for blockchain: The European Commission believes strongly in the importance of standards in promoting blockchain technology and looks to engage with all relevant bodies globally.
- the EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum: ensuring interaction with the private sector, academia and the blockchain community
IO2: Blockchain Entrepreneur base course now available
20 May 2021
The first step in your career as an entrepreneur in the digital / blockchain sector is here!
The partners of the Transition project present you the essential modules that will allow you to understand what is really needed to be a good entrepreneur from the very first moment.
What do you need to do to start an entrepreneurial activity? How to raise funds? How to set up your business plan? How to put together a competitive team to achieve your goals?
Before you dive into the world of blockchain and make the most of these innovative technologies, you will have to answer these and other questions about your future business.
The course will help you to do just that with targeted lessons summarised in handy slides, and text-based learning material to support each lesson.
The course is freely accessible on our website in the TOOLS section: https://www.transition-project.eu/tools/
The Blockchain Knowledge Space is here!
13 May 2021
The consortium of the Transition project is proud to announce the creation of our first intellectual output, the Blockchain Knowledge space repository!
Anyone interested in learning more about blockchain and digital ledgers can go to the relevant section of our website and find a wealth of information. In addition to the many articles and insights you will find a series of case studies of small, medium and large companies that have used blockchain as a core technology in their development.
We hope that this virtual place of knowledge will be the starting point for many training experiences and the creation of new companies in the new digital era!
Visit the repository here: https://www.transition-project.eu/repository/
Transition: Entrepreneurial Skills Training